Local Office Jobs Available
Friday Staffing matches job seekers who have clerical and office administration skills with good jobs in Western North Carolina. From entry-level Office Assistant jobs to career opportunities for administrative professionals with Office Manager experience, we are always seeking skilled candidates for jobs in offices in Asheville, Fletcher, Arden, Brevard, Mills River, Hendersonville, Etowah, Clyde, Flat Rock, Morganton, and surrounding areas of WNC.
Currently, we do not have any job listings in this category.
Please fill out our application to be considered for future job opportunities in this category.
Office Job Titles
There are many different types of occupations that require general and advanced clerical and administrative skills. Here is a list of common office job titles:
- Administrative Assistant (link to Administrative Jobs page)
- Bookkeeper (Link to Bookkeeper jobs page)
- Customer Service Representative (Link to Customer Service Jobs Page)
- Data Entry Operator
- General Office Support
- Medical Office Support
- Office Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Staff Assistant
- Word Processing Specialist
Specific job requirements and duties will vary by occupation and employer. If are just starting out on your career path and are interested in gaining valuable office job experience, contact us.Educational Requirements for Office Careers
A qualified candidate for any of office jobs listed above must have a high school diploma or GED. Earning North Carolina Career Readiness Certification can also be helpful. Local colleges offer certification and degree programs that can help you become an office professional. Medical office jobs often require additional training in specific skills, such as medical coding, insurance billing, or medical terminology.
In addition to educational achievements, work experience counts for a lot in many types of office jobs. As you earn more work experience, your resume will become more attractive to employers. For example, the experience you gain by succeeding in a Receptionist or General Office Support job may eventually help you work your way up to an Administrative Assistant position.Office Job Qualifications and Skills
Keyboarding (typing) is a basic requirement for most office jobs. Basic computer skills are also necessary to be qualified for almost any office job today. Many employers look for specialized training and experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and Access. Knowledge of QuickBooks and other accounting software programs will be required for positions that require bookkeeping. Here are a few other common skills required for office jobs:
- General office/clerical skills: typing, data-entry, transcription, stenography, and filing.
- Listening and communication skills: Must have effective written and oral communication skills. Must be able to understand instructions, gather necessary information, document required information, and process paperwork. Proofreading and ability to edit documents, records, or other files to ensure accuracy may be required.
- Direct customer service skills: Direct calls, schedule appointments, answer questions, and respond to customer requests or concerns. Many office jobs, such as Receptionist or Customer Service Representative positions, require interactions with customers, clients, or the general public. Medical office jobs often require the ability to provide professional assistance to patients.
- Office equipment skills: Knowledge of how to use many types office equipment including photocopiers, scanners, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- Research skills: Knowledge of how to search files, databases, or reference materials to gather information to answer questions from co-workers, customers, clients, or patients.
- Records management skills: Knowledge of how to create, organize, and secure records stored in a variety of media forms. A variety of filing methods, including alphabetic, subject, and numeric, methods may be used to organize records.
- Supervisory skills: Office Administrator or Office Manager jobs may require you to supervise clerical personnel.
The Benefits of Working with Friday Staffing
Friday Staffing makes the job search easy for office workers, and we never charge a fee. We will take the time to get to know you, your office work history, your job skills, and your employment goals and then we will work to match you with the right job. Plus, we are dedicated to helping our employees learn additional office job skills that can help them develop professionally and potentially qualify for more advanced positions. Friday Staffing offers all registered workers the free use of self-guided computer software training at all of our locations by appointment. Training is offered in: keyboarding as well as Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. We also offer office workers competitive pay and a number of other great job benefits such as paid holidays and vacations, and optional medical insurance and 401K.
If you have any questions about clerical careers, or the types of office jobs you may qualify for, please give us a call at 828-684-8700. Friday Staffing Agency has three convenient locations in Western North Carolina: Arden, Hendersonville, and Morganton.