Jobs for Industrial Machinery Mechanics and Maintenance Workers
If you have experience installing, inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining industrial equipment, machinery, and buildings we can help you find a job that is right for you. At Friday Staffing, we place skilled workers in a variety of maintenance jobs offered by manufacturers and other industrial employers in Western North Carolina. Apply online for maintenance jobs in or near Asheville, Hendersonville, Fletcher, Arden, Mills River, Brevard, Clyde, Flat Rock, Etowah, and Morganton.
Industrial Maintenance Job Descriptions
There are many different types of maintenance jobs offered by industrial employers including: Maintenance Technician, Facilities Maintenance, Machinery Mechanic, Mechanical Maintenance Tech, and Maintenance Engineer. Job descriptions for each type of position will vary from employer to employer. Here are two general job descriptions for Maintenance Technician positions and Industrial Facility Maintenance positions:
- Maintenance Technicians (also sometimes called Industrial Machinery Mechanics) perform routine inspections, maintenance, and repairs on many types of industrial equipment including conveyor belt systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment.
- Industrial Facilities Maintenance jobs are for workers with the skills to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair equipment, structures, and materials in production facilities (or types of industrial environments) or commercial buildings.
Industrial Maintenance Technician jobs typically require education and training beyond a high school diploma or GED. Employers who are hiring for certain types of maintenance jobs, including Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial Maintenance Millwrights, and Maintenance Electricians, are typically looking for workers who have earned their Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees in either Industrial Systems Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
In some cases, it is enough to have earned a specialized certificate from a community college, such as the Industrial Systems Technology Basic Maintenance Certificate available locally from AB-Tech. Employers may also require that you have a certain number of years of job experience in the position you are applying for. To make sure we find a job that fits your needs as well as the needs of the employer, the staffing experts at Friday’s will consider both your educational achievements and work history when matching you with a maintenance job.
Industrial Maintenance Job Duties and Skills
Actual job requirements and duties will vary depending on the needs of each employer, but here are a few of the basic duties and skills that may be required in the course of a maintenance job in an industrial setting:
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Read and follow work orders and specifications.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments.
- Move equipment using hand tools, jacks, cranes, and hoists.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Inspect machines for mechanical problems.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and perform repairs.
- Reassemble repaired machines.
- Document repairs and maintenance.
- Keep equipment running according to quality assurance standards.
- Follow all health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Read blueprints and follow schematic drawings to make repairs.
Knowledge of computer-integrated machining technology, metal fabrication equipment (welding machines, torches, and grinders), pipe fitting, welding, rigging, HVAC systems, carpentry, electrical systems and wiring, circuitry, blueprint reading, mechanical systems maintenance, hydraulics and pneumatics, and various diagnostic and repair procedures may be required.
We’ll Help You Find the Right Job
If you have been searching for Maintenance Tech jobs, the Friday Staffing team wants to help place you in a position suited for your skills and experience. Fill out our online application today and we will contact you within 24 business hours. We offer our employees a number of benefits including paid vacation time, paid holidays, and optional health insurance. If you have questions about any of our maintenance job opportunities, or about the process of working with a staffing agency, feel free to call us at 828-684-8700 or contact us online.