Jobs for Bookkeepers, Accountants, and Clerks
Friday Staffing offers solutions for Bookkeepers who are seeking employment in Western North Carolina. Companies of all sizes, from small offices to large manufacturers, turn to the Friday Staffing team to find talented Bookkeepers, Accountants, and Clerks for jobs in and around Asheville, Fletcher, Arden, Brevard, Mills River, Hendersonville, and Morganton. Whether you are a recent college graduate seeking an entry-level Bookkeeping job, or an experienced Accountant who is ready to advance your career, Friday Staffing is here to help.
If you are an experienced Accountant seeking career advancement opportunities, please contact a professional recruiter at Friday Staffing.
Currently, we do not have any job listings in this category.
Please fill out our application to be considered for future job opportunities in this category.
Bookkeeping Skills and Job Description
Many types of offices need staff members to perform bookkeeping and record-keeping job tasks. Common bookkeeping services include: management of financial records, reconciliation, payroll, inventory, depreciation, identifying and correcting errors, creating budgets and financial reports. Bookkeepers must be proficient in QuickBooks, as well as in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
A list of job functions commonly performed by Bookkeepers includes:
- Enter monthly transactions from financial records and compile financial statements
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements
- Perform QuickBooks Review procedures
- Set up payroll, maintain employee setups, and provide payroll support
- Prepare sales and use tax returns
- Prepare property tax listings
- Complete tax forms and assist with income tax return preparation
- Calculate costs
- Maintain inventory records
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile bank transaction records
- Maintain general ledger
- Make payments
- Ensure company complies with all applicable laws and regulations
- Suggest ways to reduce cost and increase profit
- Compile revenue and expense data
- Create budgets and expense reports
- Prepare purchase orders
- Perform general office duties such as filing and answering telephones.
Bookkeeper Career Paths and Educational Requirements
- For many bookkeeping and accounting positions, employers are seeking applicants that have earned a minimum of an associates degree in accounting or business administration. Three or more years of experience working in a CPA office, or the equivalent, may be acceptable in place of educational degrees. Entry level bookkeeping jobs may be available to graduates of a certificate program at a community college. Bookkeeping skills are required for a number of job titles including:
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Associate
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Benefits of Working with Friday Staffing
As the premier staffing agency for office employers in WNC, Friday Staffing makes the job search easy for Bookkeepers, and we will never charge you a fee. Before we make a placement, we talk to you and get to know you so we can match you with an employment opportunity that fits your skills and your personality. Plus we offer a number of excellent benefits including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Optional Medical Insurance
- Optional 401(k)
Apply today! And please contact us if you have any questions.