Improving your skills could qualify you for a higher paying position. Free, self-guided computer software training is available at all of Friday’s locations by appointment. To qualify you must be registered with Friday and be available for job assignments.
Training is offered in:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- And many more!
For Holiday pay you must work for Friday for 1200 hours within the latest 12 months and work your scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Friday recognizes the below 6 holidays and will automatically pay all eligible employees for 8 hours at their most recent hourly rate:
For 1-week vacation (40 hours pay) you must work for Friday at least 1 year and at least 1500 hours within the latest 12 months. For 2-weeks vacation (80 hours pay) you must work for Friday at least 2 years, at least 1500 hours the first 12 months, and at least 1800 hours within the latest 12 months.
To receive vacation pay, you must make an official request. Make your request as far in advance as possible, but preferably 30 days before your vacation.*
When you are eligible for vacation pay:
- Contact your Friday Representative, or Friday’s Payroll Department at (828) 696-9500, ext 315 to verify your eligibility.
- Have your worksite supervisor approve the time off.
- Submit your request on a separate time card from your regular hours. Write “Vacation” and total the hours.
*You will forfeit vacation pay if your request is not made within 30 days of the end of your assignment.
Safe Worker Certificate
Employees who work 8 weeks and 160 hours without an on-the-job accident or injury will receive a safety award.
Medical & Life Insurance
If you work regularly for Friday, you are eligible for an affordable insurance plan. Please ask for our insurance brochure for more detailed information. You may increase your coverage or add your immediate family members for an additional amount.
At your own expense, you may add Dental or Vision coverage for yourself and your family. Premiums can be automatically deducted from your pay.
Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
|Family and Medical Leave||Work for Friday 1250 hours in the latest 12 months|
Eligible employees may receive up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave within a 12 month period. Spouses who both work for Friday are entitled to a combined total of 12 weeks unpaid leave.
FMLA leave is granted for the following reasons:
- Birth of a child, including time to care for the child.
- Adoption of a child or placement of a child in foster care.
- Care of a spouse, child, or parent with a serious health condition.
- Your own serious health condition.
Your responsibilities under FMLA:
- When possible, you are required to give 30 days notice of your intention to take Family and Medical Leave. If you cannot give 30 days notice, you (or, if you are unable, your spouse or relative) must notify your Friday Representative as soon as possible.
- If you or your eligible family member has a serious health problem, Friday will provide you with a form that must be filled out by an appropriate physician.
- You must inform us of the estimated length of your leave and you will be expected to report periodically on your status and your continued intent to return to work.
- If you have been on leave because of your own serious health condition, you may also be required to submit medical certification stating that you are able to return to work.
Friday’s responsibilities under FMLA:
When you complete approved FMLA leave, you will be returned to the same position. If that position is no longer available due to the end of the assignment or the end of Friday’s contract with the client company, you will be next in line for the first available job that is substantially equivalent to your former position. If you have any questions, your Friday Representative will be happy to help you.
401(k) Retirement Plan
Eligible employees may invest the maximum deferral limits set by law of their annual income in a plan to help meet financial needs during retirement. Investment of pre-tax dollars, plus tax deferral on investment earnings, make this an effective way to build funds for retirement. You may make your contribution through payroll deduction.
To be eligible for Friday’s 401(k), you must:
- Be 21 or older,
- Be employed by Friday for at least one year, and
- Work for Friday at least 1000 hours in the last year. Friday will notify you when you become eligible. Entry dates are January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
Employee Assistance Program
Friday’s Employee Assistance Program offers prepaid, confidential counseling to employees and their family members who need help resolving problems that affect their personal or work life. For details or assistance, call (828) 252-2595 or (800) 347-1513.
When assigned to a Client, you remain an Employee only of Friday Staffing when it comes to benefits. You will not receive any benefits or benefit plans offered by a Client while working on an assignment with that Client, and will continue to be paid by Friday Staffing for hours worked according to its procedures while on any assignment.