1. Manufacture plastic parts according to customer's specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Operate injection molding machines in productive and safe manner.
B. Manufacture plastic parts in accordance to specifications.
C. Accurately inspect manufactured parts.
D. Recognize problems such as blush, burns, splay, contamination, and other manufacturing problems.
E. Correctly use various hand tools, inspection gages, drill presses, band saws and grinders.
F. Setup work station in manner which aids productivity.
G. Inform lead operator, technician and/or supervisor of any problems with machinery, maintenance, safety, etc.
B. Assist Quality Inspectors by:
1. Understanding the quality process and following standard operating procedures.
2. Staging of production for inspection.
3. Assisting in the inspection, measurement and sorting of parts.
4. Effectively addressing quality problems with quality inspector, lead operator, and supervisor.
5. Effectively provides feedback to lead operator, inspector, technician and supervisors regarding quality issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Basic skills gained through high school education or GED; specifically reading and math skills.
An understanding of the importance and significance of producing a quality product in a safe manner.
Dependability (very important that operators be at work on time each scheduled workday).